And I intended to make you a rare Thursday list last night, but I forgot. Sorry! I can share with you what I have done so far today, so you will know I am not just sitting around being a bum even though I have the house to myself and plenty of yarn. 🙂
This week has been as crazy as predicted, and my new boss is a stickler for the Federal Labor laws, AND we don’t have a budget for OT, so I had to take the day off when it became apparent that I was working a bzillion hours this week.
Though A works from home now, she has a day with a client today, so she isn’t home. That leaves me and the cats and loads of puttering time.
She had to leave at 5:30, so we were awake really early, and I decided to get up and get going on chores. As a result, it isn’t quite 11 o’clock, and here is what has been done so far:
- cleaned the pellet stove
- following that, cleaned out and emptied the shop vacuum I use to do that.
- cleaned our bathroom thoroughly including really scrubbing the shower, not just giving it a lick and a promise with some water. 🙂
- chopped all the veggies, etc. and got a chicken/sausage stew going in the crock pot
- chatted with the big boss about some work I did this week and got that off my plate for early next week.
- set the oven to cleaning itself (a bigger chore than you would think as it involved locating the instructions first)
Still to come:
- change the bed
- do some laundry
- work on the jigsaw puzzle I started for some reason last week.
- feed the cats
A busy day, but it means we will be more free this weekend, which is good, as I will be going to Whorls and Purls on Saturday, and Sunday we head down to see my sister in her new house. So, a busy week followed by a busy weekend! Glad I have this little oasis to be at home.