Here’s the original list:
- Get the weekly laundry going.
- Plant the lemon lilies Mom brought over from her garden last week.
- Start plying the tree bark polwarth silk.
- Call the bug man.
- See if A is willing to take some photos of me in the completed handspun Fine Sand sweater.
- I suppose I should do a little house cleaning, too. Sigh.
Here’s how I did:
- A was home and offered to do the laundry, since I did it all the past several weeks. I graciously accepted her offer, and
- went right out tot he garden while it was still cool, I thought, and moved a stell d’oro daylily out of the way to plant the lemon lilies. then replanted the lStelle d’oro and watered everything. By then I was dripping wet. It was cool but humid. So, I went inside and
- started plying the tree bark. Later in the day I finished it.
About 460 yards after it had it’s bath. A lovely two ply, light fingering.
- I called the bug man. He comes sometime Friday, so I will have another list for you this week. After I called, we saw no ants for two days, but they are back. Now also the tiny ones are around, so glad I made the call.
- A did. She is getting better about telling me if my clothes are on straight, but not that my hair is a wild hot mess. thus, these are headless shots. I love my new sweater!
- I did no housework. I call that a win.
Friday we also did all the little errands for the weekend, together! We don’t usually do that, but it was nice. We also had lunch at a new restaurant. It opened a few weeks ago, we waited to give them time to settle in. It was good, service was good, but it was a bit pricey, we thought. Still, it is a year round venture, which is exciting to us. Another errand we did was go to the pool place and talk about my pool. turns out I am not doing anything wrong. The pool filter that came with the pool is simply inadequate to handle the volume of water. There is a larger one for a couple hundred dollars, or a REALLY BIG ONE for $500. They came over this morning to see which one will work on my pool, and amazingly, they think I will be happy with the smaller one. Not sure if I will get it this summer, but definitely in the spring if not next month.
Saturday we were up early and off to help niece T move, with what was the last of it. A had helped her the week before, and thought she was nearly done, but there is always more, right? We made a few trips with car and truck, then we rented a carpet cleaner and I cleaned the one room downstairs with carpet while T and A moved heavy furniture. Again, it was hot and muggy. Ugh. I had intended to go straight to Whorls and Purls, but by the time I was done, it was a good idea to go home and wash up and change my shirt. 🙂 So I was late to W and P but I made it. Sitting and knitting was a nice relief!
Sunday, Mom and B came over and we finished up the walkway. I still have tidying to do, and more gardens to dig out on the outside of the path, but I think their work is done. Mom and I also dug daylilies out of the bank and put them in the garden. Most of these are minis which I have never seen bloom, they had gotten swallowed up by sweet fern and black berries almost as soon as they were planted originally. I decided to let the sweet fern and black berries have the bank, and put the flowers someplace where they could thrive. I hope we found it. We also dug up buckets of sweet ferns for my sister, who wants them on her own bank. And who PAID MONEY for one this spring. I hope she never does that again. We have enough to fill her entire yard.
By Sunday afternoon, we were completely wiped out, and promising each other that next weekend would be relatively quiet.
Time will tell.