I have a new policy about work. If I work late during the week, I store up the hours and use them to get Friday off, even if I have to add vacation time to make it add up to a whole day.
Last night we had a party to celebrate ten years of one of our programs that is strongly supported by donors, so I had an extra long day. That means with a few hours of vacation time added I have most of today off. I just need to sort out the photos and send some off to the papers with the press release I have ready. 😉
And THAT means that you get a Friday list!
So. I hadn’t given it a whole lot of thought until this morning, but here’s what hits me as things I can do.
- Get the weekly laundry going.
- Plant the lemon lilies Mom brought over from her garden last week. They are flowers with a story, once again. Many years ago Mom lived in western Maine, and she found an old abandoned cellarhole with gardens all around, overgrown and forgotten. She used to spend lots of time there, wondering about the people who had built the house and created the pretty garden. She began referring to it as “Susanna’s garden” At some point she did some dividing of the lemon lilies, and put some in her own garden. When she moved from there to eastern Maine, she brought some with her. They continued to flourish and again, when she moved, some came with her. My sister and I have been eagerly awaiting their next division, which came this year, so I got a bucket of Susanna’s lemon lilies delivered last week!
- Start plying the tree bark polwarth silk. I finished the singles yesterday and got the new jumbo flyer on and adjusted yesterday morning. I went back and forth with whether or not to ply this with itself or wait and ply it with the next spin, which I bought at the same time, to go with it. I finally decided to spin them as two separate yarns and knit them together.
- Call the bug man to see why we are finding ants in the house, everywhere. First year ever on this one.
- See if A is willing to take some photos of me in the completed handspun Fine Sand sweater. Before it gets too hot!
- I suppose I should do a little house cleaning, too. Sigh.
That’s what I’m coming up with for today!
I’ll let you know what I really do. 😉