So many things to jump on board with at this time of year, and they all seem interesting. There’s 9 in 2018, and spin 15 minutes a day and all sorts of fun things to build community and skills and productivity.
It’s almost overwhelming, all the things that sound interesting and fun. But if I try them all it will become definitely overwhelming and a chore.
So, here’s what I plan to do this year, only joining what I have already committed to, unless something comes along that perfectly hits what I am already planning.:
- Knit Hitofude as part of a KAL we are doing with the Friends of Knitting Sarah. It starts today and I am ready to roll! I am using some yarn I got in Wisconsin.
- Knit Dhurrow, a challenging shawl project, in yarn Debbie at the Purple Fleece dyed just for me.
- Finish the big purple spin and knit a sweater from it. I am thinking something simple in design as the yarn is busy.
- Knit ornaments and hats throughout the year so that getting ready for that one craft fair isn’t so crazy. And to help keep the community caring pile of hats in Stockton Springs busy and active.
- Knit a shawl using the lovely black and gray yarn from Wisconsin
- Knit a sock a month ON AVERAGE. I almost did that this year and the speed was about right. I have enough sock yarn in stash to do this.
- Knit something using my October challenge yarn to finish out the “makers gonna make” challenge at the Purple Fleece, I know what it will be, but it is a secret until reveal day, in April or May.
- Work on a plan for the lovely Shetland lace-weight yarn Mom brought me from her trip this fall.
- Keep spinning! I have a small mountain of fiber from which to choose, and a year of roving of the month coming my way!
It seems I have plenty to do without joining in much. And I also seem to have most of the yarn I need to do it. The only yarn I would need to buy for this plan might be more basic white for the ornaments. All else is in house already.
Can I really knit from stash all year and not buy more yarn? Highly unlikely, but I can try!