I finished blocking the beaded lace cuff, and have the photos to show for it! A link to my project page is here.
Here it is laid out –
And here are a couple of shots of it on my wrist. It is a bit big, stretched during blocking. I think I can block it again and make it a bit smaller.
Here’s a shot of the clasp – buttons made with beads. they feel a bit tenuous to me, come undone quite easily, so I likely will replace them with larger beads or buttons, and next time I make this, I will use a traditional clasp or larger buttons. the pattern calls for two, I made three to cover the whole width of the cuff, but if I use larger buttons, I will go back to two as called for.
On the whole, I am quite happy with this pattern, as I usually am with Laura Nelkin’s things. the applied beaded I-cord around all edges is fussy to do (especially with silk on size 1 needles), but it is the perfect finishing touch to this project. I’ll be making more of these.