I am amazed again – Craftmanic Mommy nominated me for a Liebster award. I have gotten them before, but still I feel a thrill when I read someone’s award post and see my blog there. It’s a huge compliment!
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who nominated you
2. Answer their questions
3. Nominate new blogs for the award
4. Ask them 10 new questions
5. Let the nominees know they have been nominated
My answers to Craftmanic Mommy:
1. What is something you would like to do other than what you do in your spare time?
I would like to learn to paint pictures. Ones that people can tell what it is I am painting. And ones that don’t look like a child painted them.
2. List maker or wing it? List maker! (I won’t even try to convince you I can wing it. I can, but it hurts.)
3. If you could do one thing perfectly, what would it be? Sing
4. What’s the theme song of your life? I have never thought of this at all…this is harder than it seems. 🙂 but it should be something about being content and happy and working hard, and there should be a cat…
5. You can’t start your day without….? Coffee and a quick game on the Nintendo DS
6. Facebook? Myspace? LinkedIn? I am not strong on any of these, but I guess I do more on FB than LinkedIn and have never been on MySpace.
7. What’s one thing in the world would you want to improve? I would just love to be able to create real and lasting peace. Barring that, let’s eliminate poverty.
8. Apple or Android? I must confess to having neither. I have a plain old cell phone for work, and none of my own.
9. Favorite quote:”Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” Abraham Lincoln.
10. Do you have any interesting collections? Probably. Several, but I guess yarn and fabric and paper aren’t really interesting. 🙂 I do have a doll collection that is not of the crazy lady variety. I had a few dolls, and my grandmother had a good-sized collection. My cousin and I split it when Gram died, so I have two display cabinets of dolls. Most are pretty ordinary, except for the antique French fashion doll. She is a prize from Gram. My other collection is one I was unaware of having. I found out about it when my aunt gave me a thimble “for my collection” I thought it odd, but thanked her. Then I went to tuck it away, and found that I have a whole lot of thimbles… a collection in fact. I don’t know how she knew and I didn’t, but I have them out where they can be seen now. 🙂
My questions are:
1 why do you blog?
2 what is your favorite day-off activity?
3 what do you know now that you wish you knew then?
4 What do you do really well?
5 What’s your favorite food?
6 Would you rather cook or do dishes?
7 What are you reading these days?
8 If I were to give you a $500 gift card to a store, which store should it be?
9 Are you introverted or extraverted?
10 What are your favorite shoes (and why)?
Have at it – I am curious to learn more about you!