Never thought today would get here, but I survived. Sleepless nights, headaches, more meetings than one person should have to attend, work piling up all the while, doesn’t it sound fun?
Yeah, I don’t think so either.
But it is FRIDAY, I have an eclectic list to get through, and so I am listening to an eclectic array of music – I think I have Gordon Bok, the Four Preps and Carousel cued up in the cd player. We’ll see how that fits with my mood today. 🙂 so far I have heard Julian of Norwich followed by Santa Catalina… felt odd even to me, and I chose it!
So today’s list:
- Laundry – all the sheets and towels that got used last weekend. A did the clothes last night, so I have a head start!
- Hair cut – desperately needed, I hope the barber shop is open. (if you are reading this and want to save money – see if your local barber shop cuts women’s hair – it is SO much cheaper than a salon. I pay $8 bucks to get my hair cut.)
- VOTE! I can’t wait any longer. Then, when I get the calls trying to convince me to change my mind, I can tell them they are too late. Hello, WORLD – I made up my mind a long time ago and NOTHING has happened to make me change it, I can’t conceive of what that would so LEAVE ME ALONE!! Thank heavens for the DVR – we only watch shows that we recorded so we can speed through the hideous ads.
- Grocery store. Sigh. Biggest loser ended last week, we have enjoyed it this week, but we started again this morning. Amazingly, I only gained 2 pounds this week! That includes last week’s activities, take out galore, pizza, chocolate. Now it’s back to basics. They once again put A on a different team from me, so we will be back to trash talking around the kitchen.
- Pharmacy, dump, etc. The only usual chore I don’t think I need to do today is the hardware store – how can that be?
- Finish the darned pool. It is dry this morning, but will rain later. If I don’;t get it done today, I am going to give up and cover it with a tarp and hope for the best. It is getting too cold to hang around in shorts and bare feet messing with water.
- stain the last deck railing board.
- This one is BIG – prime the new bed!!! A has two of the three boxes complete and ready for me to paint. If I get them prepped for painting and primed today, while she isn’t down there making dust, we will be that much closer to getting it upstairs where it belongs. She thinks maybe by Thanksgiving???
- This is ambitious and probably won’t happen, but it is that time of year – Christmas card making. I have the design in my head for this year’s card, I have to see if it will really work, and NOT be 200 million steps like last year’s were.
So I had better get cracking, huh?